Going Through a Weight Loss Programme

Following a weight loss programme can be very hard and there is lots of factors to make it fail. Your motivation is your biggest friend to overcome these threats and as in boxing you have to hold your guard up, all the time.
How can you hold your motivation on top when sweet hunger are pestering you, "wrong" food in stores, restaurants and in your own house is tempting you ?
It is all about holding your guard up and some trick to help is needed. In the beginning of a weight loss programme everything goes smoothly. We are eager to get our weight down and we are seeing results soon. The motivation is on top and we think this will be an easy task to do.
But sooner or later our body will scream higher and higher for the food we are avoiding to eat. At the same time the weight loss are decreasing so we are entering a critical time.
In this period many people are giving up and goes back to "normal". But now is the time to really be persistent and keep eating and exercising as we should do. One trick I use when things are getting tough are keep reminding me of what I have achieved so far and always have food to eat (fruits,nut etc) easy accessible.
When I face a chocolate bar and the sweet hunger are telling me to eat it, I say to myself ; "if I eat you mister, I will certainly ruin everything have achieved and you are not worth it". These words seems to work well for me and at the same time I pick up an apple or something else and eat it. Surprisingly enough my desire for that chocolate bar disappears quickly.
After a while when doing so you will notice that these words comes almost automatically and the desire for sweets diminish.
A good tip during a weight loss programme is rewarding yourself every saturday. This day is free and I allow myself to eat whatever I want. One day with "feeding frenzy" does not ruin anything, however it is very important for your motivation.
So, next time you see a candy or chocolate bar, tell yourself " I can not eat you now, but on saturday you are dead meat" . Again, the desire almost disappears and I withstand.
As time goes on all such pressure are decreasing as your body are getting accustomed to your new eating habits. Your weight loss is slowly getting close to your goals and your motivation is now turned into a new powerful quality ; self confidence.
Hope you got something to think about and maybe copy my personal tricks when you are going through your weight loss programme.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by Blogger